Wednesday, July 14, 2004

For this I know for sure.

I don’t understand how aeroplanes stays in the air. How tons of metal can climb to 38 000 feet, and stay there for hours. Despite being expained to that is all about the pressure of the wings on air, I simply do not understand it, I just don’t get it.
I do understand that God loves us so much that He inspired the Wright Brothers to invent this wonderful machine that can fly, a machine that compacts the 15 hr drive form Johannesburg to Cape Town to only 2 hours.
Looking down from up here I do know that His love enfolds us – all of us, like the sky wraps around the earth.

I don’t understand how its possible to isolate us form the –50◦ C outside, I do know He cares enough to shield me, often from myself, by always giving me alternative choices.

We’ve been in the air for 45min, I’m so comfortable in this Lear-Jet, leather seats, view over the Free State, seeing all the dams and the reflection of the sun on the farm fences, and I am still baffled – even after flying for so many times. And I experience God right here, probably because I cannot figure this out, but feel quite comfortable knowing that He can.
However can I make the shift to experience Him in the everyday things that I can figure out – like traffic and making breakfast or doing 5 year planning, or crying because I am hurt, or joy when the sun warms me on a cold winters day, or the sight of sunset over Table-bay. Can I detect His Divinity in the mundane of everyday living.

As this I know for sure, for as long as God is just part of the religious silo of our lives, we miss the joy and freedom of living, of transporting the cognitive knowledge we have of God into experiencing Him, here and now.

I think its time to call it a day.

2 comments:

Thomas Smith said...

And now while I'm reading this post, I experience the footprints of God through your eyes! Welcome to the blogging world ... Direct our eyes to His feet :)

Thomas Smith said...

Suzette, beautiful post - I sensed God's footprints all over it ... Welcome to the blog world!