Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Bubbles in a bottle

Sparkling water can get you into a lot of trouble, like when you try and open the bottle just as a quiet moment settles on a group of people, before the sermon starts. Laughter erupted, and the holy moment probably broken.
Sometimes I feel just like the bubble trapped in a bottle, and just the slightest indication of opening the bottle, the bubbles just leap out of their confinement, and splashes all over anybody close enough. Irrespective of the moment. Sometimes its a burst of energy, that energies everybody around me, and sometimes - yes you guessed it - its like blazing flames, scorching the poor souls around ME.
So the next time I tried to have a sip of the water, I made very sure that the bottle stood still for a while, tapped it a bit to make sure that their would be not unexpected eruptions, and this is probably excatly what I should do when its building up, when I can see that this bursts will not be filled with laughter and energy but with hard words, unneeded advise and facial expressions that just tell you - get out of my way.

Such good intentions of which the road to heaven is paved.

No comments: