Wednesday, June 27, 2007

White Snow

What a special day today is, IT'S SNOWING !!! I was awakened this morning by my dear friend Ann and her kids, shouting that their lawn was covered in snow. My house unfortunately lies to low, I thus had no snow. BUT today 43 years ago, it snowed - 6inches, Mom was in labor with me, Dad was stuck in Excelsior and due to the heavy snow, could not reach the hospital to find out if I had arrived or not. My parents still have movie footage of this special day - Dad climed into the church bell tower, and with his camera scanned the town, covered in this blanket of snow. I told my father that when I come home again, I want us to go through all the old movies.

Tom tagged me, so here goes,
I LOVE Jesus, because
1. God - choose me - to love me, to save me, to challenge me to bear fruit, to LIVE
2. Jesus really really loved small children
3. Jesus knew God's heart
4. Jesus really loved His Father
5. He made winter and snow and cold weather, and summer and sun, and autumn and the most beautiful colors, and spring and flowers and laughter, and joy, and He fills ME - little me - with His JOY.

And today, this special day HE gave me, I KNOW that He is with me, loves me, never leaves me alone, blesses me, have grace with me, AND HE CALLS ME HIS BELOVED.

No comments: